Quantcast

What receiver should Miami trade for?

Paul Smythe
Administrator
So we have a problem at a receiver. I have been patient with our WR corps until now. We need to get someone new. What receiver do you think could be helpful to the Dolphins that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg?

One that I read on twitter is James Jones from Green Bay. Anyone have any other ideas?
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

13kvFINS
One that can do the same things that our present catchers of the ball did vs Atlanta, ( other than dropping the balls ) !!   BESS was fricken spectacular, while the others got open, and the balls were there to be had, they just didn't finish the job they're paid to do.. "Catchers of the ball" includes the TE's Fasano, and Clay, GOTTA catch those ball's especially the TD (Fasano)!!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

Paul Smythe
Administrator
It was so painful watching Fasano drop that pass. He's my favorite Dolphins and I've always said that he is a top TE, but not when he drops those passes
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

Shawn
The only logical option is Jones.

But this part of the offense is not going as planned. Looking back at the draft Ireland could have payed more attention to receivers needed to fit the WCO. IMO he felt there were enough receivers on the roster that would allow him to scrap the bottom of the barrel in the draft. He didn't have a contingency plan in place. No no one saw the injury to Hartline coming. Marshall is traded for 2 third rounders and drafted 2 players as we are now seeing that TECHNICALLY were not NEEDED. Martin I understand why he was drafted he fit the WCO . Miller in the fourth was a good pick. The fifth round pick Kaddu wasn't NEEDED either.

As far as free agency went, it came and went. And really who actually thought in the Front Office Chad Johnson would have worked out.

I will say though that the lackluster performances of Pruitt,Moore and Wallace are not totally their faults, they came from a situation where they were back ups under a system where wideouts weren't fully brought along. So now their strenghts and weaknesses are being exposed.

I believe Philbin will push for better receivers that fit his system, and I believe when Hartline returns we'll be fine.

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

13kvFINS
Yea I know he's your favorite, and thats why I didn't thrash him, while really it was only he and NaaNee that were horrible.. If TF catches that TD of his 3 drops, and Naanee catches 3 of his 5 drops our effort doesn't appear nearly as inepdt, and where in the game vs a top ranked O for the entirety of the game, as we'd have gone into the half with the lead.. What takes place in the 2nd half is a whole nother game and somewhat irrelivant to what our O or D can/will do in the 2nd half's of a real game with the starters in from beginning to end.
While the drops put our QB's at an approximate average of 40% completion the catches would have put them above 60% ..  I can understand a few drops, but 8 to 10 or so ?? Oyyyyy Veaaaaa !! I don't see how they can't make it all work if only the majority of drops are caught!!  Catching the ball is practically a natural instinct cuz when somethings coming at your face, one's instinct is to stop it from hittin you in the face so you might as well catch it if you get your hands on it.. Being a WR/CB for 15 of my first 20 yrs of life my personal rule of thumb was that if it touches the tips of my fingers, I gotta catch it!! These guys are dropping balls that hit both palms, and dropping balls that hit both palms is inexcusable!! If the balls continue to get to where there supposed to be, I don't see how (even our current group of WR/TE's) can't start catching them as they're supposed to..

It was so painful watching Fasano drop that pass. He's my favorite Dolphins and I've always said that he is a top TE, but not when he drops those passes

http://dolphin-shout-forum.2299088.n4.nabble.com/What-receiver-should-Miami-trade-for-tp4638811p4638815.html
To unsubscribe from What receiver should Miami trade for?, click here.
NAML
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

canamdolphin
For the record, here are the 2011 receiving stats:

Marshall  145 targets  81 catches

Bess  83 targets  51 catches

Fasano  54 targets  32 catches

Hartline  67 targets  35 catches
There is no defense against a perfect pass. I can throw the perfect pass.

DAN MARINO

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

Paul Smythe
Administrator
canamdolphin wrote
For the record, here are the 2011 receiving stats:

Marshall  145 targets  81 catches

Bess  83 targets  51 catches

Fasano  54 targets  32 catches

Hartline  67 targets  35 catches
Here are the percentages

Marshall 55.8%

Bess 61.4%

Fasano 59.2%

Hartline 52.2%
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

13kvFINS
Percentages to what ??  Catches to attempts ??  BM only caught 55 % of the balls thrown to him ?? And he blames the Dolphin Quarterbacks for his inability to execute numerous TD receptions in every game other than the glorified practice of the ProBowl ?? He had a minimum of 10 dropped TD passes for the Fins in o11, while being the main reason we didn't win at least an additional 3 plus games !!  Shoooot, No-Wonder why our QB's ""weren't elite"" enough for his standards.. He probably needs a QB with a 90% completion percentage so that he can catch 56% of the passes thrown directly at his face !!  I'd bet that any WR currently on our roster would catch more than 55 % of the passes thrown to them in 2o12, especially if they had the confidence to know they'll get 145 targets to hone their skills of CATCHING THE DAMN BALL  ; ) !!

GOFINS : ) !!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

13kvFINS
So how much cap space does VD clear, and how much total cap space does that give us ??

Maybe now ?? We SHOULD DUMP ALL of our LESSER WR's that are under contract for additional cap space, and make a serious move with the additional 2nd rndr ( VD ) as well as the additional 3rd rounder ( BM ), and go get serious number one threat holdout WR WALLACE from Pittsburgh ??

WALLACE, Bess, and ( Hartline ? ) would make a heck of a starting threesome !! GOFINS : ) !!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: What receiver should Miami trade for?

Paul Smythe
Administrator
Kenny 55% is average. It's not that they catch 55% of catchable balls. They catch 55% of everything thrown in their direction (bad pass or not).

I really want Percy Harvin
TannMarino and Danehill