Quantcast

What is going on ?

Riverdog
Aren't you wondering the same thing ?  Don't we seem to be direction-less.  Kim Bokamper asked Jeff Ireland that same question last night in the pre-game interview.  Kim asked Ireland where the team was headed. ( i may have been distracted by a phone call, because I don't remember what Irelands answer was to the question )

Philbin insisted the team is not rebuilding, with an added phrase of ( at least not in my eyes )  If I look at this team "my eyes" I would say they are rebuilding.  They are tossing out the malcontents, and underachievers at break neck speed, and my guess is there is more to come in the next few days.  The only direction they have shown the fans is the direction of rebuilding.

So lets just call it that and be done with it.  I'm OK with that, and I am actually behind the rebuild mode.  Anyone this team wants to toss to the side is alright by me.  Three consecutive losing seasons tells me something needed to be changed.

Once again it is going to be a rocky road, I am hoping that this time the change doesn't go backwards in time as the last change did.

Re: What is going on ?

Shawn
There has been a losing culture here for so long that there are people who do not recognize that whether it be rebuilding, restructuring or whatever politically correct view there is; this has to be done. I am for sitting through a rough season for the "right" reasons. This is why a new HC and staff were hired to bring in a new culture and they should be given everything to succeed by the front office.

Re: What is going on ?

Riverdog
I was talking Patrick last night, and he said the constant change and turnover is hurting the Dolphins as much as anything.  I actually think he is right to some extent.  The problem occurs when the change that is made in not making progress, and that is what has been happening down here for far to long.

Stallworth is getting a work out as we speak.  Plenty more to follow him.

Re: What is going on ?

13kvFINS
'""" constant change and turnover is hurting the Dolphins as much as anything."""

i''ve been tellin ya''all that for 5 plus years !! Everytime a new ""regime/GM/HC"" and/or any one of the three gets replaced you can expect most of whatever was left behind to be eaten by the wolves!! Everytime it takes place we lose 3 years of team/scheme/player growth and continuity!! I say "3 yrs" cuz that's the approximate average tenure of "regimes/GM's/HC's" !!

A Team of mostly Average players with excellent continuity can beat a team of superstars that can't execute consistently.. We never allow our team, scheme, players the appropriate time to come together as a team of ONE !! Everytime they start to get to know one another, party crashers break up the gathering while the bon-fire is still just a match..

"A New Beginning" suggest starting over which suggest an entire break down the Lego-Log-Cabin though some of the foundation always remained the same, so I'd refer to it as a transformation..

Whatever's goin-on, is goin-on, and giving it a name doesn't change the moves that are being made or the play on the field.. It is whatever it is, while as far as I'm concerned our first string unit's O & D ( without the execution of some very keys plays that would have had us dominating at those GIVEN moments ) were plenty competitive vs Atlanta until the 2nd half when the backups came in, and at Dallas (ahead at 1st qtrs end, minus Romo) in the preseason games of late.. It's the when the backups come in (as of late) where the game falls apart resulting in a humiliating final score and outlook!! I think our starting D (minus Dansby, Burnett ) has been brilliant vs The Falcons and cowboys, while (minus the redundant WR drops) the O and Tannehill would have been farr more productive yardage and score wise!! I see the D continuing to get better, while I can't fathom how the F any professional receiver of the ball can continuously drop balls that hit them in the palms.. I think that when our 1st strings play the majority of 60 minutes the end results will be plenty inspiring more than half of the time.. I think our starters and team are taking more heat than is warrented by those that only notice the final score's of which the backups have been a turn-style of point's against us..

Healthy First Stringers through 60 minutes, and we'll be in most game's until the end just like we've been vs superior oppenents in the pre-season while our 1st teams were in.. Turn the majority of those drops into catches, and we'll win while dominating in at least 8 games !! Ours D's gonna be baddass, and our O has been moving the ball well considering the circumstances ( while at time's it's been near excellent ) in the PRE-SEASON with a ROOKIE QB, ( there gonna get it together, sooner than most are able to envision ) !!

TWENTY-THREE MORE CUT'S BY TOMARROW, GOFINS :) !!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: What is going on ?

13kvFINS
""I say "3 yrs" cuz that's the approximate average tenure of "regimes/GM's/HC's" !!""  4 us, SINCE SHULA!!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...