Quantcast

Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

12

Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
So I'm standing in line today Thursday August 23,2012 at the Winn-Dixie grocery store in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, and I accidently overhear this pretty lady just behind me talking on her smart phone. The conversation is about her going down to the Fountain Bleu in Miami to be a part of the unveiling of the Miami Dolphin Cheerleader swimsuit edition, and now I'm eves dropping hard on her conversation.

She's talking to a girlfriend and telling her about how her Miami Dolphin Alumni boyfriend Jeff received special tickets to the event. Instantly, I start scanning my mind for every Dolphin player ever named Jeff. She continues on about them and Mark Higgs also going to Orlando this weekend for an Alumni golf tournament that Jeff, and HIGGY will be participating in. She's really excited about all theses adventure's in that this will be her first full football season as Jeff's better half, and she never realized that ex NFL players had access to all these fun type of benefits.

So as she finally hangs-up and before she can redial, I immediatly ask her. So who are you dating JEFF Dallenbach or Cross? Her eye's pop open as she replies Cross while asking how did you know that? I explained to her that I've been a hardcore Dolphin fan since 1965, while I'm also a writer for a Miami Dolphin fan site, and that upon initially hearing without purposely listening to what she was discussing, I became intrigued with the discussion to the point of eve's dropping in. She laugh's and we started talking about his career which she knows absolutely nothing of other than his number as I chime in with a 91. RIGHT? Her jaw drops, "OMG I'm dating a high profile ex-NFL football player"!

I go on to tell her that he was at one time one of my favorite players, and that he was a force at rushing the Quarterback for our team during his 1988 to 1997 Miami Dolphin career. Me being me, I go into Dolphin mode, and start rattling off her boyfriends teammates names and numbers. She say that's awesome and that she knows absolutely nothing about the game. They sit and watch the game's as she asks him "now which player would you be", he would reply #91, she say's "I know what number you were, what I'm asking is where on the field would you be positioned", he reply's #91, I would be right where 91 is, and doing the thing's you see 91 doing! I say yep, 91 Cameron Wake is today's version of the Jeff Cross of the 90's Miami Dolphins.

Meanwhile, I finally realize that she's been texting the entire time of our conversation so I back off, and she's say's wait tell me more your not interupting, I'm talking to Jeff, and he's verifying everything you've said. I became star-struck, and couldn't think of much else to say, other than as I walked away telling her to tell Jeff we still love him and will forever be fans. She smiles and waves goodbye.

At that point all kinds of Jeff Cross moment's came flowing back into my mind, while realizing I missed a huge opportunity to ask her to ask him if he might consider popping-in to the Shout to say hello. At that same instance I also didn't realize that I'd write a story about it tonight, while if I had, I'd have told her I will and she or he most definitely would have checked us out. DARN-ITTT :( !!

When I was telling her about being a writer for the Shout, she asked several times what is that, and how do you spell it as she texted what I was saying. So, I can only hope that maybe she or he will be as intrigued with the conversation as I was, and check-in to see if the writer she was talking to was as intrigued about the topic as she was. She honked, and waved at me as we crossed paths again while leaving the parking lot!

So maybe we'll get lucky with a hello from an all-time Miami Dolphin favorite Jeff Cross? If not, then believe it when I tell you that I'll be keeping my eye open for her, in hopes of asking her to ask him to pop-in to say hi!! Jusayin, In case someone claiming to be Jeff Cross checks in, believe that it very well could be! Be courteous, and gently pick his brain in hopes that he'll return!

PRETTY COOL Huhhh ?? GOFINS : ) !!

LUV'YA 91 !!

http://www.spokeo.com/Jeff+Cross+2

TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Paul Smythe
Administrator
That's really awesome Kenny. I put up a message on the Shout page in case he comes by so he can see your post.
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
VERY COOL, THANKS : ) !!  They had a pretty full schedule, so I'd doubt they'd have an opportunity to say hello..  But it was indeed a pretty cool experience, I just wish I didn't drop the ball in becoming star-struck, while I wish I would have thought at the time that I'd be writing an article on the conversation and mentioned it to her!!

That's really awesome Kenny. I put up a message on the Shout page in case he comes by so he can see your post.

http://dolphin-shout-forum.2299088.n4.nabble.com/Today-I-met-Jeff-Cross-Girlfriend-tp4638796p4638797.html
To unsubscribe from Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!, click here.
NAML
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

canamdolphin
Cool story, Kenny!
There is no defense against a perfect pass. I can throw the perfect pass.

DAN MARINO

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Shawn
Great stuff Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And how have you been man??

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

BuckeyeFinfan
Kv that is an awesome story, Cross was kinda one my under the radar favorites, he never made the headlines but every Sunday you could guarantee he was gonna bring it, and I loved that about him, he never took a play off, he just kept comin.

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Patrick
Great story KV!!! Cross was always one of my favorites too!

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
Yea, I thought so too Can, THANKS  : ) !!   A ton of other stuff/Cross topics took place during the conversation, and I'm usually very impatient while waiting in line.. Apparently the lady in front of me had some problems paying the tab, and when my turn came the cashier was over aplologetic about the delay.. I told her I didn't even realize there was a delay, I was talkin Dolphins and could have stood in that line all day !!

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
She had no idea the game existed before meeting Jeff.. She told me that he told her that he made the PRE-BOWL a year or two, and I scratched my head and replied, you mean PRO-BOWL.. She laughed and said, see I told you I didn't know anything of the game, LOL !!

THANK'S to BUCK & Patrick for your visit and input  : ) !!!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
THANKS Shawn  :) !!  I'm good Brother !! How's the Pirate of a leg treatin'ya ??
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Riverdog
Damn where did my reply go ???  I swear there is a thief in cyber land somewhere that steals from us..

Great Post, great story !!!

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

TXDOLFAN
Great story Kenny:)

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
THANKS TEX, Right Place, Right Time  : ) !!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Shawn

In a fiberglass cast. Thanks for asking

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
LMAO Shawn!!  Luv the PIRATE patch   ; )  !!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Lisa
Hey Kenny...this is Jeff's girlfriend...what a great story.  Didn't realize I was so amusing...lol.  I sent the link to Jeff and maybe he will find time to pop into the Shout.  It was very nice to meet you and talk about NFL....still have no clue...LOL!  It was very kind of you to blog about Jeff as he is involved in many charitable events in the area.  He truly is a wonderful guy!  Maybe we will run into each other again.

Lisa...THE GIRLFRIEND

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

13kvFINS
Hi Lisa, so awesome that you found us ( I got goosebumps ) because I hold the Dolphins, Jeff, and (as of August) yourself in such high regard!! I wish I had realized I'd write a story about it as we were talking so that you could have checked in upon the articles posting.  How did you find it today, just by chance or did you come across your phone archives from the day of our conversation while you were texting Jeff as we spoke, orrrr did you google "" Jeff Cross' Girlfriend"" ?? LOL !!

I too very much enjoyed talking with you and was obviously intrigued with your situation, never in my life have I not minded standing in line until that day!! You are a very nice person, and Jeff's a lucky guy, most women wont give me the time of day, even if I'm praising their boyfriend, LOL !!

We have a very tight intelligent community here at the Shout with a bunch of reasonable folks that love the Dolphins with all their heart, while we have our differences of opinion other than wanting the Fins to win, it is always of a civil nature with most all but our founder over the age of 40.. It would be the ULTIMATE for all of us if Jeff as well as yourself could find the opportunity to pop-in again sometime!! THANK-YOU SOOO MUCH for acknowledging me back in August, as well as for gettin a kick out of the article   !!

HEYYYY JEFF, WE STILL LUV'YA BABYYYYY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOFINS!!!!!!!!!
TanneTHRILL 7teen ...

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Tony Nicoletti
Wow Kenny. How nice that she remembered you from almost 3 months ago and decided to actually posted something now. You must have made a favorable impression on her about the Dolphin Shout.
I'll certainly vouch for the site being uniquely devoted to our beloved Dolphins. (Past and present players included).
I regularly reference almost a dozen sites in search of the latest bit of information on this storied franchise. Talk about some dedicated football fans with a unwavering, die hard insight into all things, Dolphins.
Not only are they current and up to date, but there are some Miami Fans here, that could be considered historians. They have been following the Fins since their inception in 1966.
I remember one of the first times I posted a comment about our perfect 1972 season and the quarterback that took over when Bob Griese got hurt. I mistakenly confused Don Strock for Earl Morall and one of the regular contributing writers here was quick to correct me (respectfully, mind you).
Now how many of today's sports writers or analysts would still remember something like that from 40 years in the past?
I have been hooked on the Shout and coming back here every since! It is my favorite place to come get my fix for the Dolphins and their Fan Base.
It would be great to hear from Jeff Cross. He was a great Defensive End during the 8 years he was with the Dolphins.
Thanks for the updated post, Kenny.

Re: Today I met Jeff Cross' Girlfriend !!

Shawn
It would be a blessing to have Jeff Cross here. And it was an honor for Lisa to remember.

Great stuff Kenny bringing it home for the Shout, that's clutch Bro
12