Quantcast

Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Paul Smythe
Administrator
I'm wanting to know everyone's reactions to Ryan Tannehill being named the Miami Dolphins starting quarterback.

I'm glad that he got the nod over Moore. I would still like David Garrard to be the starter when he is healthy, but between Moore and Tannehill it doesn't make any sense to start Moore.

Am I the only one who is still holding out hope for David Garrard?
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Shawn
If Garrard had not gotten hurt and produced in the preseason games then I would have pulled for him to be starter. I liked Garrard when he took the starting over from Leftwich, but Tannehill has shown his ability and IMO Garrard should start if Tannehill falls apart quickly.

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Paul Smythe
Administrator
I'm with you. I really think that Miami should have week 2 up for grabs. If Tannehill plays well enough during week 1 then he can stay, but if he isn't quite there yet then I say we put Garrard in. He was the best QB in camp by a good margin. It would make sense to play him, and I don't really think it would hurt Tannehill.
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Bill (PhinNation)
I liked the idea of Garrard starting the season and having Tannehill wait in the wings until mid-season or so.  But, now that they have named RT17 the starter, I don't think you can go back.  You risk killing the kids confidence.  If Garrard is still on the roster and healthy, I'd make him the #2 since he had beaten out Moore.  I would leave Tannehill in unless he's getting killed (b/c of the OL) or he just looks completely lost after 4-5 games.

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Riverdog
I think you have to stick with RT if you start the season with him.  Garrard could be put on the PUP list to begin the season.  RT hasn't looked that bad, and this team isn't making the playoffs anyway unless RT leads them to it.  He is the future, he's our #1 pick. lets see what he has.OBL

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Paul Smythe
Administrator
I think that if they can replace him early enough, then it won't hurt his confidence. It does kind of seem off to replace the guy you named starter, but this is definitely not a normal situation. People will understand that Garrard wasn't starting because he was injured. I think that Philbin would be able to get away with it without people in an uproar.

I am kind of intrigued to see Tannehill, though.
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

BuckeyeFinfan
I dont think that you can replace 17 once you announce him as the starter. And with him already being named the starter one of the other two has to go, there is no way we can have that much money locked up in a 3rd string QB, no matter who it is. I would prefer we keep MM, but if we can get value out of him by trading him then I would be for that.

What's going on Riverdog good to see you over here.

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Shawn
What's up Buckeye?

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

BuckeyeFinfan
not much Shawn. Hows the leg?

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Shawn
I decided against surgery and have the doctor throw on a fiberglass cast. How is the cleanup going?

Well it's still the Shout isn't it ?  :))  I think the forum will work fine.  We just need to get people used to it.  For now I will mention the Forum section in each of my Posts.  Plus I might be able to rant a little more over here. :))

not bad on the clean-up, finally just my my insurance ck in the mail Monday for my house, now the contractor can get busy tearing it the rest of the way apart.

Yeah Gary if you ever need to rant just start a new topic and unload.
TannMarino and Danehill

I'm with you on the getting use to it part Dog, I'm old and learning new tricks just doesnt thrill me, plus the fact that I'm computer illiterate doesnt help. It's a good thing I own my own business because any good boss would fire me in a heartbeat with my computer skills.

Re: Reactions to Tannehill being announced as the starter

Riverdog
I told Paul the other day, when God was passing out the technical Gene.  I was under the table.  I am able to sign up for SS this month and I'm going to do that through this computer.  Uh-Oh !!!