Quantcast

Predictions

Paul Smythe
Administrator
I figured it would be fun to have everyone predict what receiver the Dolphins will sign or trade for and we can see who is right.

I'll start first:

I predict Miami will trade for Mike Wallace AND James Jones

From what I'm hearing they'll be making bold moves, so I think it is within the realm of possibility.
TannMarino and Danehill

Re: Predictions

Riverdog
Paul I have no idea what the team has in mind.  I don't see M Wallace going anywhere except in the endzone catching TDs for the Steelers, and I have never even heard of J Jones, until the talk showed up on this site.

Re: Predictions

Shawn
I think a trade for Jones and signing Gaffney.

Re: Predictions

BuckeyeFinfan
Who I think we will trade for and who I would like to trade for are two entirely different things. I think we will trade for James Jones simply because I think GB wants to move him and JP is familiar with him of course. I think we will wait a few days to see who else is out there FA wise before we go signing anyone on the street as of now. Now if anyone is curious as to whom I would LIKE to trade for, that would be Jeremy Maclin in Philly, the kid can do it all, hes fast, hes fearless, and he isnt afraid to block, oh and by the way, did I mention he knows how to CATCH the ball. There are others I would like to have also, J.FORD,L.MOORE,H.DOUGLAS, but JMAC would be first choice. Notice I didnt put unattainable players on my wish list, I put guys on there that I didnt think it would break the bank to get.

Re: Predictions

Patrick
I don't see the trade talks amounting to much, but I do think we will bring in a lot of guys off the waiver wire, starting with Chris Cooley. Because most of the names will be obscure it is hard to predict. The thing is, the Dolphins have very little cap space and not a lot of trading power in players. They would not want to trade away draft picks because that is the key to their future. The Dolphins are in a bubble year in the salary cap, they will have close to $50 million next year to play with and then we will see the real action.

Re: Predictions

TXDOLFAN
I think Philly thinks like you Buck and won't let Maclin go unless someone is will ing to part with a 1 or 2.

Re: Predictions

TXDOLFAN
If I remember right, Jones had dropsy-itis for awhile, too.  Did he get cured?  jabar would be a nice addition but his age may stop that.